Click thumbnails below to enlarge image.
- Can yield a thermal resistance of R-8 around HVAC ducts
- Class A/Class 1 fire rating as per ASTM E84-10
- Minimizes the risk of condensation
- Greatly reduces operating noise transfer
- Safe and easy to install; no special tools required
- Improves interior comfort
Astro-Safe Technical Information
* Achieved using 1"" foam spacers.
Astro-Safe Installation Instructions
- Position 1" foam spacers along the corners of the duct. The additional airspace will increase resistance to heat loss or gain.
- Begin wrapping ASTRO-SAFE around the duct starting at the midway point of the right side of the duct. Proceed counter clockwise.
- Position a 1" foam spacer in the center of the duct on top of the first layer of insulation. Once at the starting point, extend ASTRO-SAFE to create a second layer along the top of the duct. Extend this second layer over the foam spacer to the midway point of the left side of the duct.
- Tape all seams and butt-joints using reflective tape. Repeat the above steps for the entire length of the duct, until its surface is fully enclosed.