DIY / Retail Items
Home Insulation for Your Garage Door, Walls, Water Heater and Attic
When added to existing home insulation for your walls, floors, attic or for insulating new construction, AstroShield or R+HEATSHIELD products deliver excellent energy efficiency and savings. From crawl spaces to attics and many areas in between, you will find Innovative Energy's complete line of residential reflective insulation and radiant heat barrier products to be clean, safe and easy to install.
Our unique metalized aluminum film reflects (blocks) 95 percent of radiant heat. Fiberglass, cellulose and foam insulations absorb heat. When these materials absorb heat, they merely slow down its transfer. To improve the performance of an insulation system, a reflective insulation and/or a radiant heat barrier should be installed.
- Cuts energy costs
- Reduces energy consumption
- Improves interior comfort
- Reduces radiant heat transfer
- Easy to install; no special handling or breathing protection required
- Reduces condensation
- Can be used to create a hybrid insulation system; that is, one that incorporates the use of multiple types of insulating materials such as reflective insulations, radiant barriers, mass insulations and air infiltration barriers. A house with properly sealed doors and windows that incorporates a hybrid insulation system will be more comfortable in the winter at lower ambient air temperatures. In the summer, the air conditioner will run less frequently, keeping energy costs to a minimum.
- Use for any Building Insulation
- Pole Barn Insulation
- Attic Insulation
- Wall Insulation
- Crawl Space Insulation
- Basement Insulation
- Foundation Insulation
- Thermal Moisture Barrier Under Concrete
Innovative Energy's residential insulation products help conserve energy and save costs in a wide variety of applications. Reflective insulation can be installed in place of or in conjunction with mass insulation products.
- Put AstroShield, or R+HEATSHIELD* products in your attic to prevent heat build-up during summer months and reduce heat loss during winter.
- R+HEATSHIELD for wall insulation will improve the performance of mass insulation by reducing radiant heat transfer, creating a more efficient building envelope.
- Use AstroShield to insulate below your radiant heated floors to reduce hot spots, prevent heat loss and increase the efficiency of your radiant heating unit.
- Keep your garage temperature more comfortable year-round with a Garage Door Insulation Kit.
- Line crawl spaces with AstroShield or astroECO products. Both products will help floors stay warm and dry, lowering your energy bills.
- Water heaters are one of the most energy-consuming appliances in your home. Our easy-to-install Water Heater Insulation Jacket will improve water heater thermal performance and reduce your energy needs.
- Planning a new building? Conserve energy and improve your investment by installing Tuff Stuff Thermal Moisture Barrier under heated or unheated concrete slabs. Significantly reduces heat loss and prevents ground moisture transfer.
*There is a potential for dust accumulation on the top side of the radiant barrier that could decrease the thermal performance over time. Building site, attic configuration and ventilation all play a role in the long-term performance of this application. Follow installation instructions carefully.